Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Pardon me, ma’am, there’s a body in your office

By: Michelle Murdock, Curator of Exhibitions

We had our first messy weather of the year today. Area schools were closed and several staff couldn’t make it in. I took advantage of the fairly quiet morning to work on some mounts for the Thaw Collection artifacts that will travel to Cleveland. The textiles that will hang from battens needed to have sleeves sewn on. Other textiles will be displayed on mannequins, so those needed to be freshened up. As I was working on one mannequin, a coworker walked into my office and yelped with surprise. It was a bit of a change of pace seeing me working on mounts instead of paperwork, I suppose. Or it could have just been the body laid out on the floor…







No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin